The ambition of a Shaerp’s client was to create a global, combined R&D department out of two recently merged companies. This combined R&D department would deliver a brand new video conferencing platform that could scale seamlessly on intercontinental calls. Pragmatic Brains was set on a mission to integrate both R&D departments, build up cross-office teams and help deliver the global video conferencing platform of the Shaerp’s client.
To accomplish the mission successfully we have performed the following tasks:
- arranged cross-functional, cross-office teams based on product portfolio (parts of the future global platform)
- introduced and instill modern software design practices on both strategic (components and their interactions) as well as tactical (code building blocks) level among the Shaerp’s client team members.
- subsequently co-designed the video conferencing platform with an eye to meet business vision together with technical requirements
- coached Shaerp’s client employees to improve their organization, teamwork and automated testing skills
- supported delivery effort with our software engineers who joined and blended in Shaerp’s client various teams
As a result of our activities Shaerp’s client:
- operates the one, combined R&D department with highly motivated, accomplished team members and efficient cross office development processes
- releases on regular basis new versions of their different products (parts of their global platform)
- significantly improved teamwork and therefore velocity as well as quality of the delivered features
- delivered roadmap within the agreed, tight deadlines